For best results, DateShiftr should be used as follows:
- Import the photos and videos from your camera using the Import option. This will copy the photos and videos
from your camera onto a directory on your computer.
- The photos and videos from your camera will be shown in a list in the file name order. For most cameras, the
file names will be in the order the photos were taken. Where the dates are out of order, these are highlighted in red.
This may highlight where the dates are incorrect.
- Use the "Edit" options to correct any dates. If the photos were taken in a different timezone to where you live,
some of your photos have GPS information and others don't, and you wish to load the photos into Apple Photos, you would
want to add the GPS Date/Time to your photos.
To add the GPS Date/Time to your photos, use the "Copy/Increment Dates" option.
Select action of "Copy Date from Original Date/Time", fields to update of "GPS Date/Time",
select the timezone for "Adjust dates for Timezone", and click the OK button.
- Once you have corrected any dates in your photos, use the "Rename to Date/Time" option to rename the files based upon
the Original Date/Time.
- Optionally, use the "Create Subject Divider" option, to create images to separate each section of your photos.
You can also add comments to each photo, or use the "Artist" field to record the name of the person who took the photo.
- Use the "Move Files" to move the photos to the directories where you wish to permanently store your photos, or
use the "Share to Apple Photos" to import your photos into Apple Photos.
- Where you have used more than one camera for an event, perform the steps above for the other cameras and move the
photos into the same directory. You will then have the photos from multiple cameras stored in order in a single