A DVD contains a number of video files which you need to copy from the DVD before you can convert them.
Here's how to find the movie files on a DVD:
- Insert the DVD into your Mac
- Right click on the DVD and select Open
- This should open the Finder. You will see two folders: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS
- Open the VIDEO_TS folder
- You will see a bunch of files but the ones you want the the VOB files.
- Copy the VOB files to your Mac (the Desktop is a good option)
- Drag the required VOB files into Smart Converter Pro and convert as required
NOTE: the VOB files are just named sequentially on a DVD. You will need to use trial and error to find the video that you are looking for.
If you see a message saying VOB conversions have been disable read more here.